Recent Microsoft update changes to Windows libraries have caused certain SecureCheck 9 installations to be unable to run using earlier versions of .NET libraries. This may affect SecureCheck on Windows Version 7 and newer.
Some symptoms you may see are:
- No SecureCheck Tray Icon
- Pop up error message saying “Class Not Registered”
- Log errors messages saying “APSettings Error: Class Not Registered”
In order to get around this, re-register SecureCheck to .NET version 4 libraries.
- Stop SecureCheck
- If you do not have .NET version 4 installed, it should be downloaded from Microsoft and installed
- Once installed, execute the following two commands as administrator:
%systemroot%\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb APSettingsCOM.dll
%systemroot%\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb CryptoSupport.dll
4. Restart SecureCheck and verify printing works.
If the issue persists, please submit a support request ticket.