With the recent changes to the Bank of America eLink website (https://elink-http4.bankofamerica.com), many customers are receiving ‘Error Code 904’.
Please follow the instructions on this page to patch your system. There are two ways get the update
- Automated installer – Most customers can use this.
- Manual update – If you have a customized setup or an older version of .NET / Windows Server you may need to to manually update the scripts.
If you have problems with the automated installer, you may try the manual steps or reach out to support. Please note we are experiencing extremely high call. We have added additional call center staff but it may take a while to get back to you.
After applying the patch you will need to re-transmit failed uploads, see instructions for this at the bottom of this page.
1. Automated Installer
- Click here to download the installer
- Launch the ‘B of A script update 20160301.exe’ by double clicking the downloaded file.
- Click ‘Setup’
Once successful – go to step 3 to re-transmit any failed uploads.
2. Manual Script Update
If you cannot use the automated installer in step 1, follow these steps:
- Click here to download the scripts in a zip folder
- Extract the files from the zip folder
- Copy the extracted files to one of the following directories (replace / rename any files that are conflicting)
Note: These directories are hidden by default. You may need to copy and paste the path into windows explorer.
- Files – Bank of America Upload – no Batch ID.as2, Bank of America Upload with Batch ID.as2 and profile.xmlWindows 7 or Higher – C:\ProgramData\APTech\WebEngine\ScriptsWindows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\APTech\WebEngine\Scripts
- File – WebSend2.exeWindows 7 or Higher – C:\ProgramData\APTech\WebEngineWindows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\APTech\WebEngine
Once you complete this, re-transmit uploads as described below in step 3.
3. Re-transmit Failed uploads
After patching your installation by doing either step 1 or step 2 above, you need to re-transmit any failed uploads.
- Launch your SecurePay application and Login (if not already)
- Click Transmit button
- Delete any files that are in the transmission queue (Select a file and press the delete button)
- Follow your normal procedures to re-submit the file for positive pay upload to Bank of America